Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Third time is NOT a charm...

8.25.14
We met with the surgeon to find out how she wanted to move ahead with Jimmy's treatment.  I was extremely nervous before the visit.  I think I just wanted to get the ball rolling.  This has been extremely hard to take...again...and so soon.

The surgeon went over the scans with us and reiterated what the oncologist told us about the tumor.  It is the size of a baseball and it is being very aggressive.  She wants Jimmy to have a biopsy, so they will know exactly what they are dealing with (even though she's sure already) and then wants him to have 25 rounds of radiation with surgery after that.  With that time frame, surgery should be about the end of October.

8.26.14
Last night was not a good night.  Jimmy tossed and turned all night.  He said the night sweats are starting again...tumor fever.  The pain the last couple of days has truly been unbearable for him.  He is having trouble lifting his leg and he is limping pretty bad.  He is taking a lot of pain medication too.  I wish there was something I could do to make it better for him.

Jimmy did go meet with the radiologist today.  While he was there, they went ahead and did the mapping and tattooed the area for treatment.  The radiologist told him that this time around he may have some more side effects than he did the last time.  Given the area where this tumor is located, the radiologist said his bladder and lymph nodes with most likely be in the range of treatment.  This is not going to be pleasant for Jimmy.

The last couple of days have been very emotional for me too.  I feel really depressed and sad.  I feel like crying at just about everything.  I am so scared that I am going to lose my husband to this disease.  I do trust the surgeon and the oncologist and I pray that we will get through this crisis like we have gotten through the other two.  I am also concerned for Logan.  I am very aware of the fact that this bothers him too.  He told me the other day that he is worried about his Dad but that he's okay.  I hope so.  It hasn't been easy for him either and  its so hard to try and shelter him from the things that are going on. 

Tomorrow is the biopsy.  It should be routine and we should have the results pretty quickly.  I will post an update after we get the biopsy results.

I do want to acknowledge all of the people who have reached out to me.  It means a lot and I welcome the support.  My blog has now reached people in 54 countries and I continue to hope that it is as encouraging for you as it is cathartic for me.


1 comment:

  1. Praying for your family. My God give you peace and strength.

    ReplyDelete