Saturday, May 11, 2013

Round 5 over - May 11, 2013

May 7, 2013 - This seems to be a stressful week.  I think knowing that this is the 5th round of chemo with only one more to go make all of us very anxious to have it end.  First day of chemo went without incident.

Today, they did a lung x-ray and echocardiogram to check and see how things look.  Hopefully, they don't see anything on his lungs to cause concern.  We are also hoping that his heart is able to continue to withstand the chemo regimen.  They have included a heart medication to the chemo process to help protect his heart since the chemo drugs are so harsh.  It does add another hour to the process but it is worth it.  

He is feeling a little "cloudy" today.  He feels the effect of the chemo in his thinking and cognitive abilities.  He does feel a little queasy as well.  I really hate this whole process.

X-ray came back clear...still no sign of spreading...woo hoo!!!  His heart has a little bit of a glitch but they are telling us it is nothing to worry about right now.  The chemo is so hard on Jimmy's body and, even though they are giving him medicine to protect his heart and kidneys, I still worry what the lasting effects of the chemo will be for the long term.

May 10, 2013 - Jimmy comes home today.  I have really missed him this week.  Logan came with me last night for a visit and he was really excited to see his Dad.  This is so hard on him and I forget that he doesn't see Jimmy all week because I am there every day.  Logan is doing so well but I know how hard it is for him. Jimmy is feeling the effects of the chemo and is feeling very drained.

May 11, 2013 - Round 5 is finally over.  Only one more chemo treatment left and it can't come soon enough.  The psychiatrist from the hospital came for a visit today to talk to both Jimmy and I.  It is a much needed support for both of us.  Jimmy is always trying to be strong and say that he is "fine" when he is really not.  Its a running joke with the doctor and his nurse.  When we go in for a blood work visit, they ask him how he is doing...he says fine and then they look to me to ask how he is really doing.  I love my husband so much and it is so hard to see him like this.  I'm the one person he does not have to pretend with about how he is feeling.  I can see the effects and I just want to make it better.  This whole process is so life altering.  I miss our life before cancer.  We will get through this but sometimes that reality is hard to see.

May 12, 2013 - Today is a bad day.  Jimmy is tired, sore and his brain is fuzzy today.  This is when he is at his worst and it will last for the next few days.  He says he feels like he has been run over by a truck.  The best thing for me to do is just leave him alone and let him rest.

I hate this.

I HATE CANCER.

No comments:

Post a Comment