Monday, May 6, 2013

Round 5 Begins - May 6, 2013

Well, last week was better for Jimmy.  He felt pretty good and got out some during the week.  The week before chemo starts is generally a good one...just in time to do it all again...ugh.  Blood work was good and he is currently getting his PICC line as I write this.  Hopefully, all is going well.

Emotions have been running high this past week too.  He really didn't want to come back to the hospital for chemo again.  It takes its toll on him and on Logan and I.  Jimmy still does not quite understand how terrible this is for Logan and I as well as him.  He seems to think that since he is going through chemo that he is the only one affected.  I hate what this is doing to him.  He is not recovering as much after each treatment and he seems weaker until the 3rd week after chemo.  His blood levels get lower each time too.  This is very scary and makes me very sad that he has to go through this.  It is hard to watch.  Logan is dealing okay but was not looking forward to this week either.  It really bothers him when Jimmy is in the hospital all week.  He misses him so much.  As for me, I am stressed even before the week begins.  The good thing is that after this treatment he only has one more chemo treatment to go.  Radiation will follow but am hopeful that he will get through that better than the chemo.

The fundraiser planning is moving right along.  Donations for silent auction items are starting to come in but it is really hard to work on it without much help.  My priorities are Jimmy and Logan but this needs to be done also.  I know there are those who probably don't think a fundraiser is necessary.  But, with no income and bank accounts dwindling quickly... not to mention the astronomical bills continuing to come in, it is completely overwhelming.  It is truly life altering and it will take a long time to recover emotionally and financially from all of this.

On a better note, we talked to a woman this morning who had the same thing that Jimmy has and she is 2 years cancer free after the same treatment regimen that he is currently going through.  It was really encouraging for both Jimmy and I.  We have heard some terrible stories but this one was what we both needed to hear.

I am hopeful that this blog is helpful for those who may be going through the same thing along with us.  I see that the blog has been read from people in 9 different countries.  I would love to hear from those of you outside the United States.  Please feel free to comment on the blog or contact me through Facebook.  I thank you for following our story and I hope it helps just one person to make them realize that they are not alone in this terrible journey called cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment